Re: [Question #657216]: Smooth joint Model and Love-Weber stress calculation

Bruno Chareyre posted a new comment:
@Luc

>"Particles interacting through the smooth joint contact logic have a
contact orientation that is different from the one computed from the
normal interaction (interparticle distance and orientation are computed
as a function of the joint surface geometry and not as a function of the
sphere-sphere geometry"

It doesn't matter, I would think (as long as we speak of stress in the bulk, not stress on a plane, but Love-Weber is irrelevant in this case anyway).
In getStress the stress results from the product (pos2-pos1)*force, without assumption on the contact or force orientation.
Bruno