[Question #657968]: Micro-stress Tesselation

Per the User's Manual section on Micro-stress and Micro-strain [1], as well as Catalano 2014a [2], there are two types of particle-centered subdomains that can be computed with TesselationWrapper. The figure in [1] illustrates the difference perfectly, and the two examples that follow imply that one can get either the volume for micro-strain or micro-stress by choosing whether to call TW.triangulate() before TW.computeVolumes().

However, I find myself unable to get the micro-stress volume using the sample provided in [1]. Calling TW.computeVolumes() without triangulation merely seems to set all volumes to the pre-tesselation default of -1.0, while doing so after triangulation gives volumes that are clearly for micro-strain (type a in the figure of [1]).

I have tried this with several models and versions of Yade. The MWE for a previous question [3] seems to be the best way to replicate the issue (note to read the first comment for a syntax correction).

[1] https://yade-dem.org/doc/user.html#micro-stress-and-micro-strain
[2] https://yade-dem.org/doc/publications.html#catalano2014a
[3] https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/622071