Re: [Question #658232]: Using Triangulation Data in a Yade Script

Description changed to:
I aim to implement the Uniform Stress micro-scale boundary condition in
Yade using the approach described in  [1]. Eventually my goal is to
implement an engine that does this seamlessly, along the lines of
TriaxialStressController().

However, in the short term I was hoping to use PyRunner in a Yade script
to demonstrate how this could work.  I could use the triangulation done
with TesselationWrapper() or FlowEngine(), to extract the surface
boundary. The area vector for each boundary particle could then be
calculated from the triangulated boundary surface.

The hiccup for this short-term implementation is that I cannot seem to
find a way to access the triangulation data in a Yade script. One
approach I tried was to use TW.defToVtk() to write the data to a file,
then read it and use vtkDataSetSurfaceFilter() to extract the surface.
This approach was not only cumbersome, but stripped out any relationship
the triangulation has with the DEM model since the particle numbers are
not preserved by the VTK surface filter.

My question is whether the triangulation data can be used in a Yade
script, or is the triangulation only implemented internally for analysis
and post-processing?

Thanks,
Gary

[1] https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10035-017-0757-y