[Question #658639]: Loading (Forces) application in YADE

Hi all,

Im Yahia Alabbasi a master student at Qatar University. Im trying to model the mechanical behaviour of railroad ballast using DEM.
My questions are regarded the application of forces on sleeper. My questions are as follows:
1- In YADE, forces are applied or motions for a certain object ? For more illustration, in the simulation the sleeper above the ballast layer are modelled to move down by a displacment input to YADE or by Force input.

2- If forces are inputted, Can YADE take a force profile (not simple harmonic loading profile) excuted fromother software like MATLAB and implemented in DEM in YADE.

3- if motions are inputted, what are the kind of kinematics avaliable in YADE.

Many thanks
Yahia Alabbasi