[Question #658673]: Learning time

Hi all,

Im new to YADE. Im trying to model the mechanical behaviour of railroad ballast.

How long approximately it takes for beginners to master and learn YADE. For you kind information, my knowledge on python and yade is zero.

Im asking so I can manage my time and plan as Im a master student and I want to know how can I utilize my time properly.

Another question please, I know that YADE is an open source software but what are the advantages that makes it better or different from other open source softwares  and commercial softwares like pfc or edem.

Best Regards
Yahia Alabbasi