Re: [Question #658673]: Learning time

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
Please open new threads for new topics. The short answer is no [1][2]
(especially on Windows 7 as you have). However, at the risk of confusing
you, yes you can install yade on Windows 10 if it has the newly released
bash shell functionality[3]. I tried it and the graphical interface did
not work, but everything else worked perfectly. Klaus on the dev-list
reports more detail:

"Hi guys,

I have been playing with the Linux subsystem in Win 10 (mainly the bash
terminal) for a while. First thing to note is that everything without graphics
works as expected. However, once you are looking to run something with
graphics it becomes tricky. You need to install an X server on Windows (e.g.
Xming). Simple programs would than run with GUI.

I also tried to install yade and it works, at least without graphical user
interface. I did not investigate this any further and I don't think it will be
straight forward to fix."

[1]https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/272184
[2]https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/220513
[3]https://www.howtogeek.com/265900/everything-you-can-do-with-windows-10s-new-bash-shell/