[Question #658749]: Mesh convergence - Determining sphere radius

I am moving a tool down into a box of balls and then rotating the tool. I am having the Torquerecorder  output the torque. I have a few questions. I have a background in FEA and still learning DEM.

Mesh convergence - In FEA you can do a mesh convergence study to determine a small enough mesh. Is something like this done with DEM? I have ran 8 different simulations with radius' ranging from 1 to 4.5 (in intervals of .5). I have received completely different results, by factors of almost 100.

What is the best method of determining a good radius for the spheres?
Is there a good rule of thumb when trying to calibrate your material?
Is DEM even capable of analyzing my tool this way?

Also, I read if you increase mass of the sphere you can decrease the time it takes to complete. Is there any rule of thumb on this? If I increase the mass, do I decrease something else to still receive accurate results?