Re: [Question #659177]: NewtonIntegrator won't work

Giovanni Lorenzon is still having a problem:
Hello Robert,

thank you very much for your correction, it obviously work just fine!
And sorry for my answer, it wasn't intended to mislead any reader.

But at this point I still have some doubts: with the suggestions you
guys gave me here, I had already corrected my previous code and designed
it in the exact same way you suggested yesterday. Except for one small
difference, the material declaration (as Gary suggested me to insert). I
wrote it down in this way:

idLactose=O.materials.append(FrictMat(young=3.45e9,poisson=.22,frictionAngle=1.1868, density=1000,label='lactose'))
sp=pack.randomDensePack(pred,spheresInCell=2000,radius=.05,material=idLactose)

I saw that if this specification is set, I get the same problem I talked about, while omitting it, everything goes just fine.
That is the reason why I said the I solved my problem with the "calm()" command (that worked out the situation even with the declared specification).
Then my question is: is there something wrong in my material specification? Is it implemented the wrong way? Or such problem depends on the values I used? Or even, on the combination of this specification and the way I generated the pack?

Thanks again, and sorry for bothering!

Cheers,

Giovanni