Re: [Question #659526]: Triaxial test on dry granular material

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
Hello,

>From my point of view, the "we" is incorrect here since it suggest
you're facing a YADE limitation, whereas there has been a great deal of
published scientific papers showing appropriate stress-strain curves and
done with YADE...

I thus would like to warmly advice you take the time to carefully go
through all attributes of TriaxialStressController, and the example
script at https://github.com/yade/trunk/blob/master/examples/triax-
tutorial/script-session1.py.

You will see this internalCompaction attribute is intended for the first
("consolidation") step of triaxial tests imposed as an isotropic
compression. During the deviatoric loading part where "the stain
increases with the stress proportionally [...]", any YADE user should
pay attention this attribute is switched/set to false, as in the above-
mentioned script, at the 1st line of the "DEVIATORIC LOADING" section
(commented in the state of the script on github, but this is actually no
reason for not reading it) :

https://github.com/yade/trunk/blob/master/examples/triax-tutorial
/script-session1.py#L169