Re: [Question #660136]: Yade On CentOs

Janek Kozicki proposed the following answer:
Hi, I just remembered something. I think now that I probably had
encountered this error. I can't dig now where it was, because those
sources are long gone by now.

The problem was going like that: some release of boost, or some build
system used for boost (you tried various boost versions, but perhaps
those boost versions were compiled with the same build system?) had a
bug that resulted in following thing: the linker (inside boost libs,
while they were being compiled) did not pull some required dependencies.
Or something like that. I don't remember the details ;) I remember the
solution:

Try linking with other boost libraries. I vaguely remember that I got
rid of this error after I added

-lboost_system

or maybe -lboost_system-mt ?

But while going down this path you could try to link with everything
that boost has to offer which you will “find /usr/lib -iname
"*boost*.so”

best regards
Janek