Re: [Question #660585]: Why avoid reseting particle positions in DFNFlow?

Luc Scholtès posted a new comment:
Hi Robert,

I can tell that Timos set updatePositions=false in the scripts he sent
me lately. I actually tried to run the same simulation (hydraulic
injection as described in Timos's paper in IJRRMS) with and without the
updatePositions and I could see that the updatePosition=True produced no
fluid driven induced cracks... I don't remember the exact reason for
defining this function (see the comment related to the triangulation
just above the function) but I think that you need updatePosition to be
false, otherwise the triangulation will not record the fractured cells.

Timos or Bruno could probably be more specific.

Luc