Re: [Question #660590]: Loading and manipulating a saving file

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
>Does it mean that users has to always apply "O.reset()" when they have
"erase" and "clear" in their Yade scripts?

I don't understand the details of this discussion (it is especially unclear to me why one needs to "save/load", then "erase/append", when the objective seems to be just "append").
However I do think O.reset() is not the solution. It is supposed to wipe out the simulation completely (engines, materials, interactions, ... not only bodies). So of course an empty simulation in which you insert a few bodies is not crashing but it is also not doing anything (no movement). I'm not sure it is very interesting.
Are you really sure you need two distinct scripts to achieve what you want?
Bruno