Re: [Question #661159]: Bug while installing Yade from source code

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
Hi,
It sounds like the Qt4/Qt5 problem on 14.04. You may try to compile with -DUSE_QT5=OFF (or maybe install additional/updated Qt5 dependencies,  I'm less sure).
There was a comment about that in the installation page some time ago [1], now not visible but it was maybe worth keeping. I'll insert it again.

Quoting:
"To provide Qt4->Qt5 migration one needs to provide an additional option USE_QT5.
This option should be ON or OFF according to the Qt version, which was used
to compile libQGLViewer. On Debian/Ubuntu operating systems libQGLViewer
of version 2.6.3 and higher are compiled against Qt5 (for other operating systems
refer to the package archive of your distribution), so if you are using
such version, please switch this option ON. Otherwise, if you mix Qt-versions a
Segmentation fault will appear just after Yade is started. To provide
necessary build dependencies for Qt5, install python-pyqt5 pyqt5-dev-tools
instead of python-qt4 pyqt4-dev-tools."

I hope it will help

Bruno

[1]
https://github.com/yade/trunk/commit/1c06b6ad9d2cfcb574017ca64e70da4ca3b3b95b
#diff-dd4d2ec3eab729a92cd85af90fe5e929L247