[Question #661630]: maximum or mean velocity

Good evening,
I am trying to stop my simulation when all the particles have come to a rest.
Is there a good way to find the maximum velocity of the particles?
As i read in your documentation [1]  the update scheme uses the mean velocity of the previous step, which could perhaps
do the job as well. Is there a way to access this?

Thank you for your time, I didnt include any code as it is the run of the mill yade example.
Cheers
John

https://yade-dem.org/doc/formulation.html#position