[Question #663459]: Periodic flow: impose gradP such that Paverage!=0

Hi all,

I am still a bit confused with the periodic boundaries and I am wondering if there is a way to impose a pressure gradient with gradP such that the average pressure in the cell is not equal to 0?

The idea is to see the effect of the average pressure on the directions perpendicular to the flow in terms of effective stress. Right now, because Paverage=0 (P varies between -gradP and +gradP along the direction of the flow), increasing gradP does not affect the perpendicular stresses, at least not as I thought it would if the gradient varied between 0 and gradP (or 2gradP since there seems to be a factor 2 somewhere).

Luc