Re: [Question #664343]: Lack of recoil in sphere-pfacet impact?

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
Hello,

for i in range(0,8):
  print O.bodies[i].state.blockedDOFs

shows that several of your bodies (including the pFacet itself) have all
DOFs blocked, ie are non-dynamic [*] which is a general reason in YADE
for bodies not to move even though they sustain forces.

(NB : you saw that there is a force on the sphere from the pfacet, we
thus can assume -- and check if necessary -- there also is a force from
the sphere on the pfacet)

I'm from far not familiar enough with pFacets to know if this is a bug in the pfacetCreator1() function you used with "fixed = False", or the "normal" behavior, or an error on your side.

I'd thus just advice here to look at pfacet examples (if not already
done), and, mostly, to provide a really minimal (working) example to
illustrate the behavior that annoys you. We do not need/want for
instance the text file output : ideally MWE should fit in 10 lines, 20
maximum.

This would essentially help attracting other answers more familiar with
pfacets ;-)

Jérôme

[*] https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html?highlight=dynamic#yade.wrapper.Body.dynamic