Re: [Question #665293]: Issues with implementation of Law2_ScGeom_CapillaryPhys_Capillarity

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
Regarding your questions in post #2:

1.
For a narrow psd I guess rRatioVec includes enough values close to 1 to have "good" results, but I never really looked into this.
If you wish, you have MATLAB files in #4 of https://bugs.launchpad.net/yade/+bug/1440887 that could help you dig into the capillary files data (plotting them) and check how critical a change in rRatio is.

3.
It is exactly "to define a comprehensive lookup table [..] to be used with several user-set capillary pressures"

4.
You may consider there is a limit through the maximum capillary pressure which appears in the capillary files. This maximum value (in the normalized fashion) is automatically computed by the MATLAB scripts in "Preliminary C" [*]

If you would impose an even greater value in Law2_ScGeom_CapillaryPhys_Capillarity during your YADE simulations, including Law2_ScGeom_CapillaryPhys_Capillarity would go unnoticed : no capillary bridges would be computed because you're outside the bounds of the lookup table.
You would get a corresponding warning message in your YADE terminal during simulation.

This corresponds neglecting so tiny bridges we may consider this is not
a problem (even though this may not be true because capillary force has
a non zero limit value when the bridge volume tends to zero)

Regarding your question in #4, the value of Law2_ScGeom_CapillaryPhys_Capillarity.capillaryPressure also has to ensure a pendular regime with distinct bridges.
You may check whether bridges are distinct or overlap with Law2_ScGeom_CapillaryPhys_Capillarity.fusionDetection and CapillaryPhys.fusionNumber

[*]
https://github.com/yade/trunk/blob/master/examples/capillaryLaplaceYoung/writesCapFile.m#L84