Re: [Question #665564]: EPWP (Excess pore water pressure)

SayedHessam posted a new comment:
Dear Jerome,

Thanks for the reply. You  can find herewith a part of my  model, as you
requested:

############################
###   DEFINING ENGINES   ###
############################

triax=TriaxialStressController(
	maxMultiplier=1.+2e4/young, # spheres growing factor (fast growth)
	finalMaxMultiplier=1.+2e3/young, # spheres growing factor (slow growth)
	thickness = 0,
	stressMask = 7,
	internalCompaction=True, # If true the confining pressure is generated by growing particles
)

newton=NewtonIntegrator(damping=damp)

O.engines=[
	ForceResetter(),
	InsertionSortCollider([Bo1_Sphere_Aabb(),Bo1_Box_Aabb()]),
	InteractionLoop(
		[Ig2_Sphere_Sphere_ScGeom(),Ig2_Box_Sphere_ScGeom()],
		[Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_FrictPhys()],
		[Law2_ScGeom_FrictPhys_CundallStrack()]
	),
	## We will use the global stiffness of each body to determine an optimal timestep (see https://yade-dem.org/w/images/1/1b/Chareyre&Villard2005_licensed.pdf)
	GlobalStiffnessTimeStepper(active=1,timeStepUpdateInterval=100,timestepSafetyCoefficient=0.8),
	triax,
	TriaxialStateRecorder(iterPeriod=100,file='WallStresses'+table.key),
	newton
]

#Display spheres with 2 colors for seeing rotations better
Gl1_Sphere.stripes=0
if nRead==0: yade.qt.Controller(), yade.qt.View()

#######################################
###   APPLYING CONFINING PRESSURE   ###
#######################################

#the value of (isotropic) confining stress defines the target stress to be applied in all three directions
triax.goal1=triax.goal2=triax.goal3=-10000

while 1:
  O.run(1000, True)
  #the global unbalanced force on dynamic bodies, thus excluding boundaries, which are not at equilibrium
  unb=unbalancedForce()
  print 'unbalanced force:',unb,' mean stress: ',triax.meanStress
  if unb<stabilityThreshold and abs(-10000-triax.meanStress)/10000<0.001:
    break

O.save('confinedState'+key+'.yade.gz')
print "###      Isotropic state saved      ###"

##############################
###   DEVIATORIC LOADING   ###
##############################

#We move to deviatoric loading, let us turn internal compaction off to keep particles sizes constant
triax.internalCompaction=False

# Change contact friction (remember that decreasing it would generate instantaneous instabilities)
setContactFriction(radians(finalFricDegree))

#set stress control on x and z, we will impose strain rate on y
triax.stressMask = 0
#now goal2 is the target strain rate
triax.goal2=rate
# we define the lateral stresses during the test, here the same 10kPa as for the initial confinement.
triax.goal1=triax.goal3=-rate/2

#we can change damping here. What is the effect in your opinion?
newton.damping=0.1

#Save temporary state in live memory. This state will be reloaded from the interface with the "reload" button.
O.saveTmp()

Cheers
Sam