Re: [Question #665514]: Application of flow engines on saturated flows

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:

We could define each X iterations an 3D volume/box based on the shape of the flowing material and set the boundary conditions. The main question is: Does FlowEngine accept complex boxes ?
Also, I think it is very very expensive in term of CPU computation...

What do you mean by "complex"? You can redefine the walls used for
FlowEngine using wallIds [1]. So you could conceivably define dynamic
boundary conditions by deleting the old walls, creating new walls, and
reassigning the FlowEngine wallIds. You should be able to accomplish
that with a function in your python script. However, I would expect a
scheme like that to be very finnicky - you will need to take very small
steps to carefully consider stability.

[1]https://yade-
dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.FlowEngine.wallIds