Re: [Question #665857]: Uniaxial compresion

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
Hello Seti,

1- Why there is very limited range to change SigmaT inorder to run the script e.g. (1e1-1e4 )if I put 1e5 which is not a very big value for my material it wont run -

Could you be more specific than "it won't run"? Maybe you could provide
details as to what happens? Is there an error? Does Yade crash? I ran
your script with 1e5 and 3.5e6. It runs.

2- even when I run it in notifited range after couple of hours I face with below error - can you please help me to fix it?

The error says it all "ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero". The
only division in the reference line is "abs(fc/ft)". In order for that
to be a ZeroDivisionError, the denominator must be zero. So ft is zero.
ft is likely zero because you are using such low values for sigmaT that
the specimen has no tensile strength.

3- how I can track the crack in this script - I want to see changing the crack patern by changing material properties.

What do you mean by "cracks"? Broken bonds? The cpm VTKRecorder
currently only lets you visualize damage and stress [1]. Activated by:

VTKRecorder(recorders=['cpm'])

Cheers,

Robert

[1]https://yade-
dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.VTKRecorder.recorders