[Question #668192]: how does yade calculate the boundary displacement when I give a strain

I applied strain to the boundary to calculate the stress.
I used O.cell.velGrad to reach the goal strain(periodic boundary is used).
And my question is :
How does Yade calculate the  boundary displacement using the strain I applied (dt, loadstep are known)?

I read part your Dr. 's paper and the source code(Cell.cpp) and still don't know. Can you please tell the theory or where can I find the paper that detailly talks about it?
Thanks!