[Question #668224]: Clarrifying output of tesselationWrapper for pore size

Ive generated a few sets of packings and now I am looking to calculate the local porosity within each packing.

I used the documentation for the TesselationWrapper [1] and the example [2] as a starting point.

If I understand correctly the following code generates a regular Delaunay triangulation, then computes the volume of each Voronoi cell. To obtain the volume of a particular cell, the ID of the encapsulated sphere is used. (e.g. TW.volume(10) would return the voronoi cell volume for the voronoi cell which is located around body.id = 10).

TW=TesselationWrapper()
TW.triangulate()
TW.computeVolumes()
TW.volume(XYZ)

Now to obtain the pore volume I would subtract the volume of the sphere from the volume of the voronoi cell?

Is there a way to estimate the pore diameter? Do I take the resutling volume (Vvoronoi - Vsphere = Vpore) and assume a spherical pore size and calculate the pore diameter from the volume? (This would then be the average pore size around sphere XYZ?) Is there a more accurate way of estimating the pore diameter?

Many thanks in advance
Jesse

[1] https://yade-dem.org/doc/user.html#micro-stress-and-micro-strain
[2] https://github.com/yade/trunk/blob/master/examples/tesselationwrapper/tesselationWrapper.py