Re: [Question #669734]: polyhedra and facet interaction :error /InsertionSortcollider.cpp:61 insertionSortParallel

> but I found that the force chain of polyhdra and walls were all
concentrated to the center of walls

you will get the same problem with facets.. also see [1].
With finer facets you improve this postprocessing problem, but increase number of bodies (simulation time) and introduce unneeded negative effects of facets (mainly wrong stiffness for a body in contact with multiple facets).
So this workaround works, but the clean way would be to use walls and update the postprocessing :-)

>  "ERROR /data/trunk/pkg/common/InsertionSortCollider.cpp:61 insertionSortParallel: Parallel insertion sort needs verletDist>0"
> Though, it could keep running, but I want to know what's the problem of this error message?

It is an error from point of InsertionSortCollider (not the simulation itself). It is trying to run in parallel, but cannot because verletDist is set to -.5 by default [2], possibly automatically updated according to spheres in the simulation.
I **think** the error means that the collider will not run in parallel.
Either ignore the message or set manually:
InsertionSortCollider(..., verletDist=.05), # or another positive value

cheers
Jan

[1] https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/668264
[2] https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.InsertionSortCollider.verletDist