Re: [Question #670099]: parameter scaling

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
@Jérôme
>"artificial increases in density [...] do not really help decreasing computation cost [...] because the imposed strain rate has to be decreased in such a proportion that ....

I do agree that increasing the density uniformly of all particles has a null effect (strictly).
In this discussion I was guessing that "density scaling" was referring to Yade's NewtonIntegrator::densityScaling, which is a _differential_ scaling and this one should definitely help in some cases (there is even an example script about that called densityScaling.py IIRC).

@azim
> would you please help me about studying scaling with dimensional analysis?

Are you asking someone to explain dimensional analysis? Just found [1], which seems relevant.
[1] http://philsci-archive.pitt.edu/4474/

Bruno