Re: [Question #670099]: parameter scaling

Jan Stránský posted a new comment:
Hi Azim,

in [1] the dimensional analysis is used for static elastic constants, i.e. the case where density plays no role.
For dynamic simulations, density and strain rate (or velocity or something like that) would be another quantities to be taken into account (we neglected them since in the limit of zero strain rate, which was our goal, they has no effect).

My opinion (basically repeating Bruno's answer): with whatever scaling
you changes the physics of the problem (you model physically different
situation). If it is acceptable or not depends strongly on the specific
problem and expected results.

cheers