[Question #670815]: append clump given a position and rotation

I have a set of 5 clumps and I would like to append them (multiple times, e.g. 1000 times) to a scene. I have a list of locations and would generate (random) rotations for each clump to be appended.

With O.bodies.append() I am able to append a list of spheres to the scene however, I cannot position or rotate them without modifying the original clump first.

I've taken a look at the examples/clumps/replaceByClumps-example.py which uses makeCloud to generate spheres, then uses replaceByClumps to replace each sphere with one of three clumpTemplates. This is quite similar to my goal, however, I do not want to scale the volume of the clumps.

Is there a way to append clumps or clumptemplates to a scene with a given location and rotation?

many thanks
Jesse