[Question #670862]: Applying normal strain rates in PeriTriaxController engine

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a straightforward way to apply normal strain rates (de11/dt, ...) when using PeriTriaxController engine. If I understand correctly, unlike the TriaxialStateRecorder engine, the strain goals in PeriTriaxController.goal refers to final desired strain and not the rate.

Would it be possible to set also the normal strain rates using O.cell.velGrad = (du/dx, du/dy, du/dz,  dv/dx, dv/dy, dv/dz,  dw/dx, dw/dy, dw/dz) command? My concern is that it would lead to a conflict with the engines goals. In case of such conflicts, I am not sure which command is overriding which.

In other words, if I set the normal strain rates with  O.cell.velGrad, then what stressMask should be use, and how should I set the PeriTriaxController.goal so that there is no conflict between the set goals and prescribed strain rate?

I hope my question is comprehensible. Thanks a lot.