Re: [Question #671364]: aircraft crash test

jacopo gave more information on the question:
I have To use yade for this project And compare its result with others taken with others software. My aircraft have to crash on a soil with 18 m/S velocity. IT should  penetrate The soil around 1/2 meters with the "nose". I would like to see on video the deformations of the aircraft( if something break, like The wings And etc.), that S why i would like To have facet facet contacts. Or, if Is The same, clumping The structure. What do you suggest) . Thanks for the clear about gts -facets. However i don t have To register the deformation , But i would like To see that the aircraft Is taking "damage" during the impact
________________________________
Da: bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> per conto di Jan Stránský <question671364@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Inviato: lunedì 13 agosto 2018 14:27:33
A: Jacopo Varriale
Oggetto: Re: [Question #671364]: aircraft crash test

Your question #671364 on Yade changed:

Jan Stránský requested more information:
Hello,

> do i have To clump the facets creating a rigid body? Becouse now i don
t know if they will stay togheter during the impact .

if you use TranslationEngine, the motion of all facets is prescribed.
They stay together, but they won't react on the contact with soil. From
this point of view, probably using a clump is a better option.

> do i have to reconvert My file.txt in a file.gts?

no, in both ways you just get facets..

> the aircraft Will act a rigid body. I would like To see the aircraft
deformations

I think this is most difficult part of your question. Please describe more the experiment (how much is the aircraft crashed etc.)
Currently I feel Yade might not be the right software to use..

> And register the forces acting on the aircraft center of gravity.

this is no problem

> I know the facet-facet contact doeSn t exist. How can i do?

You could implement it, but why do you need facet-facet contact? For
modeling aircraft deformations?

cheers

To answer this request for more information, you can either reply to
this email or enter your reply at the following page:

You received this question notification because you asked the question.