Re: [Question #671364]: aircraft crash test

> soil ( it is built with 18000 spheres body)

what soil dimensions do you simulate and what size have the soil DEM
particles?

> As i said i don't have to be focused on deformations but i need to
register the acceleration of center of gravity of the aircraft.

this is possible with rigid body

> If i understand , as you suggest me, is better if i consider the aircraft as a rigid body ( so i will not see deformations, is it exacly?)
> do you suggest me to clump the facets? in this way i will have a rigid body.

Yes, I suggest to consider the aircraft as a rigid body (by clumping the facets) as the first step, it is the easiest configuration to make it run. When this simplified version works, you can always make it more complicated afterwards.
There will be no deformation of the aircraft.

> Do i have to use sphere-facet contact only ?

and of course sphere-sphere contact..

> you suggest ... and after this, try to implement a new facet_facet contact in way to be able to see this kind of deformations. Is it right?
>  Becouse honestly i don't even know how to start to implement a facet-facet contact.

Sorry if I was not clear enough. I strongly suggest NOT to implement any facet-facet contact. I just stated that this is one option. The reasons I do not suggest it:
- it would be time consuming
- it would not be easy
- I think it is relatively risky that the approach would not work (the results would be not as expected, the simulation will be too much slowed down...)

> I added the STL-file.
> let me know if you can see the file i sent you. thanks jan.

you cannot put attachments to questions.. please put the file somewhere
on the internet and send us the link

cheers
Jan

PS: please try not to include copy of previous answers in your new
answers, it makes the thread a bit messy