Re: [Question #671283]: Wierd volumetric strain during triaxial tests under different confining pressure

Jan Stránský posted a new comment:
Hi,
some very general comments:

> the evolution pattern is not the same as what is observed in physical
tests.

maybe the material model used is not suitable for your experiment..

> I am really confused about how to choose the elastic modulus in DEM
simulations

The elastic modulus (moduli actually) should be chosen such that the
elastic response of the model corresponds to the physical eleastic
behavior. IMO the elastic constants should be determined prior to
parameters influencing inelastic behavior (plasticity in this case)

cheers