Re: [Question #675377]: Straining rate in PeriTriaxController

Mehdi Pouragha posted a new comment:
Thanks for the explanation Robert!

>> is it that you believe the transformation matrix, O.cell.trsf[0,1], should be equivalent to the strain values, triax.strain[0]=traix.strain[1]?

Yes. My concern was the off-diagonal strain (exy) not being the same as
the normal strain despite the rates being equal. Am I wrong in assuming
that exy =0.5 (O.cell.trsf[0,1] + O.cell.trsf[1,0])?

(The factor of 0.5 is missing from my script but that is not the main
point).

About the 2nd question;

cell.trsf is the time-accumulation of cell.velGrad. So, for a fixed
cell.velGrad and fixed number of steps, if I reset the reference trsf
point by O.cell.trsf=Matrix3.Identity, it should not affect the
resulting change in dexy. Which is not the case if you compare the two
results you mentioned.

Thanks again.