Re: [Question #676451]: optimize camputational time for vibrated granular media

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
Welcome.
That would be interesting for me to see:

N=..    |   YadeTime  |   LammpsTime
200
400
2400

I was checking Ig2_Facet_Sphere and there is certainly a way to avoid
some matrix manipulation by escaping sooner when there is no contact.
However I'll not hurry on that one though and it would not change you
life by orders of magnitude anyway.

Besides, it is not a surprise if details of the Hertz models differ, and
that would be interesting top know the consequence from a physics point
of view also.

Looking forward. :)

Bruno