[Question #676507]: what are the differences of YADE with PFC version 6 in simulating?

Hi there
I know that PFC version 6 has the capability of simulating angular rigid blocks. This is a step forward in being able to model tightly interlocked, low porosity assemblies and it prepare conditions to study in a more efficient and robust way. Rigid, convex {polyhedral in 3D; polygonal in 2D} blocks are now available in PFC 6. We can easily create a zero porosity initial specimen, bond and cut the material, and allow for failure and flow. I believe that there are several benefits to the rigid blocks in PFC, including: 1) ability to couple with FLAC3D, 2) robustness of the contact detection and resolution, 3) efficiency especially during flow, 4) block rounding, 5) ability to model in 2D and 3D with nearly the same data files, 6) Python bindings to the rigid block data structures.
Please compare capabilities of YADE with PFC version 6 in the above cases. Does YADE software have those abilities and capabilities which I mentioned in previous paragraph? which one of them is in YADE? what is the disadvantages of YADE compared to PFC (6)?

The previuos version of PFC (version 5) approach has a key shortcoming which is the inability to specify very low initial porosities for the choke blasted blasted ring material due to the spherical or clump shape of the particles.

I wait for your useful comment and analogies