Re: [Question #677261]: Simulation speed on Vmware

Robert Caulk requested more information:
>>My computer has 16 processor

16 physical cores and 32 threads, or 8 physical cores and 16 threads? If
you have 8 physical cores and you assign 12 to the VM, you will be
moving into hyperthreading territory. Not only within the Yade
simulation, but your native OS will also be sharing cores with Yade :-).
Generally scientific applications avoid hyperthreading like the plague
(some people go to lengths to disable it entirely within the BIOS).

One more question, how many bodies are in your simulation? (use
len(O.bodies)) Based on the PSD it looks like maybe you have 20k
particles? I will try your MWE when my computer finishes some
simulations.