[Question #677917]: Coordination number

Morning Yade community.

I've been working with the eodometric test example. Everything went well implementing the script. However, I would like to estimate the coordination number of the particles at different stages of the test.  Right now I'm trying to estimate the coordination number just after the interactions to see how this number change.  I'm going to show you what I've done and if you have any suggestion for me I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Aurora

$ yade-batch --job-threads=1 03-oedometric-test.table 03-oedometric-test.py
#

# load parameters from file if run in batch
# default values are used if not run from batch
readParamsFromTable(rMean=.05,rRelFuzz=.3,maxLoad=1e6,minLoad=1e4)
# make rMean, rRelFuzz, maxLoad accessible directly as variables later
from yade.params.table import *

# create box with free top, and ceate loose packing inside the box
from yade import pack, plot
O.bodies.append(geom.facetBox((.5,.5,.5),(.5,.5,.5),wallMask=31))
sp=pack.SpherePack()
sp.makeCloud((0,0,0),(1,1,1),rMean=rMean,rRelFuzz=rRelFuzz)
sp.toSimulation()

O.engines=[
   ForceResetter(),
   # sphere, facet, wall
   InsertionSortCollider([Bo1_Sphere_Aabb(),Bo1_Facet_Aabb(),Bo1_Wall_Aabb()]),
   InteractionLoop(
      # the loading plate is a wall, we need to handle sphere+sphere, sphere+facet, sphere+wall
      [Ig2_Sphere_Sphere_ScGeom(),Ig2_Facet_Sphere_ScGeom(),Ig2_Wall_Sphere_ScGeom()],
      [Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_FrictPhys()],
      [Law2_ScGeom_FrictPhys_CundallStrack()]
   ),
   NewtonIntegrator(gravity=(0,0,-9.81),damping=0.5),
   # the label creates an automatic variable referring to this engine
   # we use it below to change its attributes from the functions called
   PyRunner(command='checkUnbalanced()',realPeriod=2,label='checker'),
   PyRunner(command='c_number()',realPeriod=2,label='checker'),
]

O.dt=.5*PWaveTimeStep()
O.step()

def c_number():