Re: [Question #678525]: O.load

> I finished running my program because it printed 'finished'.Is it
'compression before saving'?

No, before saving there is no compression.. Just read the script as a
computer would do..

> sigmaIso=-1e5
>
> from yade import pack, qt, plot
>
> O.periodic=True
> sp=pack.SpherePack()
> sp.makeCloud((0,0,0),(2,2,2),rMean=.1,rRelFuzz=.3,periodic=True)
> sp.toSimulation()

creates "the initial, uncompressed cloud"

> O.engines=[
>  ForceResetter(),
> InsertionSortCollider([Bo1_Sphere_Aabb()]),
>  InteractionLoop(
>   [Ig2_Sphere_Sphere_ScGeom()],
>   [Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_FrictPhys()],
>   [Law2_ScGeom_FrictPhys_CundallStrack()]
>  ),
>  PeriTriaxController(label='triax', goal=(sigmaIso,sigmaIso,sigmaIso),stressMask=7, dynCell=True,maxStrainRate=(10,10,10), maxUnbalanced=.1,relStressTol=1e-3, doneHook='triaxFinished()'
 ),
>  NewtonIntegrator(damping=.2),
>  PyRunner(command='addPlotData()',iterPeriod=100),
> ]

define O.engines

> O.dt=.5*PWaveTimeStep()

define O.dt

> def triaxFinished():
>  print 'Finished'
>  O.pause()

define a function

> O.save('a.yade.bz2')
> O.saveTmp()

so until now there is just creation of "the initial, uncompressed cloud" and definitions, no compression..
Yade saves the state, prior any compression, in fact prior anything, just saving "the initial, uncompressed cloud"..

Probably you want something like O.run(...) or something like that before saving..
In this case, note that just O.run() jumps to O.save directly, so it should be O.run(...,True) or O.run(); O.wait() or putting the save in PyRunner with sufficient condition, or ...........