Re: [Question #679638]: How to assign the values of kn ks of particles in Yade directly

nie jiayan posted a new comment:
Hi, Jan,

Thanks for your MWE. It functions well. but indeed when using this
method,  for a fixed kn, the sphere with a smaller radius will have a
larger young, which results  in a small critical time step. That's
really time-consuming when conduct simulations with a gap-graded
specimen.

Maybe for a simple linear contact model, like in PFC, we can directly
assign the same values of normal and shear stiffness kn ,ks  for all the
contacts, and the critical time step is depends on  the minimum of
math.sqrt((mass/kn)) of the particle. I do not know if Yade has the same
contact model since I am a novice. So I modified some source code to
achieve this simple contact model.