Re: [Question #679428]: unable to display sphere with latest version

Janek Kozicki proposed the following answer:
Try cleaning thread libraries the same way you did this with qt
libraries?

I have done some much testing of yade last month, that I am sure it must
work. Maybe try inside a clear install of linux in chroot or virtualbox?
Just to find out if it can work for you. In one case yade wasn't working
for one student because he defined some special PATHs in ~/.bashrc to
get to work some other unrelated custom software installed from .tar.gz
(not from the package manager). We discovered this after simple `adduser
test` on his laptop. And yade worked on that user test, but didn't work
in his regular account.