Re: [Question #680636]: how to choose the unbalanced force ratio

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
Hi,

You mean "how to choose the threshold value (for quasistatic conditions
to happen)" ?

As for me, I usually aim for values around 0.5 -- 1 %, and I'm quite sure this always ensures quasi staticity for my simulations (which is kind of what the doc says).
I mentioned this choice of threshold e.g. in https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/nag.2774, but there should be many other examples.

There also are some examples and counter-examples in my PhD thesis, e.g.
Fig. 2.25 and 2.26. It's for interface tests, being able to read French
might help..