Re: [Question #680784]: Export plot data issues

Description changed to:
I am running a simple script that generates a ball and drops it on a plane, while tracking position and kinetic energy.
I have problems exporting the simulation data, stored using plot.addData. The issue is that only a small portion of the data is saved. I have tried alternative ways to export the data (numpy), to no avail.

I have run the example files that utilize plot.saveDataTxt and they
behave as expected (i.e. https://gitlab.com/yade-
dev/trunk/blob/master/doc/sphinx/tutorial/02-gravity-deposition.py),
however mine does not and I would rather solve this issue before moving
onto more complex simulations.

It is not a problem caused by plot.addData as the plot.data dictionary
contains the correct number of entries (9999) and plot.plot() displays
the correct data. https://i.imgur.com/8IcBu46.png

This is the script I am using: https://pastebin.com/QmM9AyG0

Using plot.saveDataTxt, the output contains 232 timesteps.
Using numpy.savetxt for lists, the output contains 272 timesteps.
Using numpy.savetxt for arrays, the output contains 246 timesteps.
Using python's write, the output contains 303 timesteps.

I believe the problem is due to yade-python interactions during runtime, as typing str(len(myDict["t"]))) into the console or using np.savetxt('test.txt',myDict["t"]) provides the correct number of timesteps (9999).

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?