[Question #681014]: How to calculate the surface roughness of sphere particle packing?

    I have got the sphere particle packing using Yade. I want to get the top surface roughness which is the height deviation to an mean value of the particle on the surface. The definition is shown in the picture as linked.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HCGiqh0geVdBeBajY0HVi4kW-CUVU7e3

    A possible way i can think of is convert the particle packing into a stl format file and then obtain the surface (particle packing surface) geometrical information by some method. But i don't know how to conduct it.
   I hope someone can give me some advice.

Thanks,
Xuesong