Re: [Question #681180]: How to impose an initial angular velocity on a moving/free particle?

if you print b.state.angVel, it is set properly. The problem is somewhere in NewtonIntegrator not applying angular motion for fixed aspherical bodies [1], where angMom is is taken into account, but not angVel [1]
Feel free to open a bug report.

A **workaround** is to set
b1.aspherical = False
than the polyhedron does rotate.
I am not sure with the consequences, but **I think** it should be OK for fixed bodies..

cheers
Jan

[1] https://gitlab.com/yade-
dev/trunk/blob/master/pkg/dem/NewtonIntegrator.cpp#L242