Re: [Question #682070]: Is it possible to enable GPU acceleration for other Yade commands except FlowEngine command?

Description changed to:
Hi all,

I'm a Yade user and would like to ask a question about GPU acceleration
for Yade. Previously I have asked a question before about GPU
acceleration for using Yade in HPC [1].

The response I get is that GPU acceleration in Yade only work for
"FlowEngine" and not other commands, so there is no such method as
enable GPU entirely for Yade to run in HPC.  I have also read
explanation about this through [2].  However, I would like to ask
whether there is any way we can enable GPU acceleration for other Yade
commands,  where the number of particles generated is between 40k - 80k.
Currently when I run a direct shear test simulation with 40k particles
(which do not incorporate FlowEngine command), it would take me around 4
hours to complete, so I was thinking is it possible to apply GPU
acceleration in some sense to speed up my simulation?

I would really appreciate if someone can give me some reply on this
matter.

Thank you and regards,
Nicholas Ng

[1] https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/681799