Re: [Question #682172]: Some particles move out of the boundary

from [2]:

> # (!) Read [1] carefully

have you read [1] carefully? I have little experience, but I have shown
you in [2] that the particle "fly out of the boundry" just because it
travels more periods and the contact is not detected any more. The same
case might be here.

You can try e.g. not to use allowBiggerThanPeriod. In this case, you would need to make the cylinder with the same height as the "axial dimension" of the cell plus divide the cylinder into several segments along axis:
###
from yade import geom
r = 3.0 # cyl radius
h = 3.0 # cyl "height"
n = 4 # cyl segments along axis
#
facets = []
for i in range(n):
	cyl = geom.facetCylinder((r,r,(i+.5)*h/n),r,h/n,segmentsNumber=24,wallMask=4,wire=False)
	facets.extend(cyl)
O.bodies.append(facets)
O.periodic = True
O.cell.setBox(10,10,h)
#
rs = 0.5
s = sphere((1.1*rs,r,1000),rs) # z=1000 -> completely "outside"
s.state.vel = 1e-1*Vector3(1,1,.5)
O.bodies.append(s)
###

cheers