[Question #682725]: How to update the source code to a specific version

Hello everyone,

I have successfully installed yade-2019-07-08.git-e27605e , the source code version, and using ubunu 18.04 on a virtual machine software called VMWare. my host OS for VMWare is Windows 10 and my linux (Ubuntu 18.04) has been install on VMWare.

I want to update my current version of Yade to the following version: (I have another issue and  someone here suggested to update my yade to this version since my problem refers to a bug of Yade)
https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/merge_requests/160

the problem is when I go through the installation instruction I see commands to clone a link for the trunk version while there is no trunk folder for clone in the link provided above. Also, when I go to git instruction in the update section
https://yade-dem.org/doc/github.html#Updating
I don't know if I need to go to the trunk directory for the "git pull" and "git push" commands or not. I did this in the trunk directory (which is my current version not the new one) but it has nothing to do with the new version tht I want update my yade to it.

In short, I'm kind of confuse how can I update my current version of yade to the version mentioned above. would you please help me with steps to update my yade?

Thanks all