Re: [Question #682859]: how to calculate anisotropy of contact normal vector

as (almost) always, a MWE [1] would be useful (e.g. to know what
"particle" is - sphere, polyhedra...), expressing on a few artificially
created spheres and artificially created interactions to show what you
want to achieve and what is your expectation of "anisotropy of contact
normal vector", etc.

Often you could solve your problem just by preparing such MWE.
Furthermore, it will help us to help you :-)

> how to calculate the contact normal vector

for i in O.interactions:
   contactNormalVector = i.geom.normal # [2]

> i want to know how to calculate anisotropy of contact normal vector

if I understand it correctly, fabric tensor (as suggested by Bruno) is
what you are looking for [3]

cheers
Jan

[1] https://www.yade-dem.org/wiki/Howtoask