Re: [Question #683388]: How to clump spheres and facet obtained from stl format

Irfaan Peerun is still having a problem:
Hi Jan,

Thanks again for your prompt reply.

I have removed the "if surf.is_closed():" as follows:

#if surf.is_closed():
O1=O.bodies.append(pack.gtsSurface2Facets(surf,fixed=False,noBound=True,material=m))
sp=pack.randomDensePack(pack.inGtsSurface(surf),radius=100,rRelFuzz=10,memoizeDb=memoizeDb,returnSpherePack=True)
Otemp=sp.toSimulation()

#clump spheres and surface together
idClump=O.bodies.clump(Otemp)

Once I load the script, I receive the following error that the surface is not closed:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/yade", line 182, in runScript
    execfile(script,globals())
  File "/home/irfaan/Desktop/SphereClumpingInsideSurface/SphereClumping.py", line 18, in <module>
    sp=pack.randomDensePack(pack.inGtsSurface(surf),radius=100,rRelFuzz=10,memoizeDb=memoizeDb,returnSpherePack=True)
ValueError: Surface is not closed.

And when I start the simulation, I received another error:
WARN  /build/yade-fDuCoe/yade-2018.02b/pkg/common/InsertionSortCollider.cpp:242 action: verletDist is set to 0 because no spheres were found. It will result in suboptimal performances, consider setting a positive verletDist in your script.
WARN  /build/yade-fDuCoe/yade-2018.02b/pkg/dem/Shop_01.cpp:423 PWaveTimeStep: PWaveTimeStep has not found any suitable spherical body to calculate dt. dt is set to 1.0

As you said the timestep error is not to worry.
The surface is visible when the script is loaded but once I start the simulation, it disappears at iter #20 (within few seconds).
There is still no spheres, even if I let it run for more than 10 minutes.
I tried using bigger sphere radius, still no difference.

Am I missing anything important here?