[Question #683967]: GlobalStiffnessTimeStepper with Potential Blocks

I want to use the GlobalStiffnessTimeStepper in conjunction with the Potential Blocks code.
Currently, this engine assumes that the stiffnesses "phys->kn" and "phys->ks" are in [N/m] units [1].
In my case, in the KnKsPBLaw.cpp the "phys->kn" and "phys->ks" are expressed in [N/m^3], while when we multiply them with the contact area, we get the stiffness parameters: "phys->Knormal_area" and "phys->Kshear_area", which are in [N/m] units [2, 3].

I would like your opinion whether I could modify the GlobalStiffnessTimeStepper to consider the "phys->Knormal_area" instead of the "phys->Kn" (and respectively for the shear), when the particle shape is "PotentialBlock" instead of "Sphere". Do you think this would slow down the engine or find any theoretical drawbacks?

Cheers,
Vasileios

[1] https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/blob/master/pkg/dem/GlobalStiffnessTimeStepper.cpp#L63
[2] https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/blob/master/pkg/dem/KnKsPBLaw.cpp#L121