Re: [Question #683787]: Using ForceEngine to break a single JCFpm bond

Jérôme Duriez posted a new comment:
If you're interested into ForceEngine, I would, if I were you, first of
all investigate ForceEngine alone before combining ForceEngine and JCFpm
material.

A minimal working test to study ForceEngine's behavior and check you're
correctly using it could be this one : (Python 2 in the print line,
sorry...)

########### Beginning #####
# one sphere with weight imposed by ForceEngine for sake of ForceEngine investigation (use NewtonIntegrator.gravity otherwise):
O.bodies.append(sphere((0,0,0),1))
O.engines = O.engines[0:-1] + [ForceEngine(ids = [0],force = Vector3(0,0,-O.bodies[0].state.mass*10))] + [O.engines[-1]] # introducing ForceEngine to apply weight, taking advantage of default O.engines

O.engines[5].damping = 0 # get rid of this numerical damping trick for a
correct interpretation of the results / theory

O.dt = 0.01
O.dynDt = False
O.run(100,True)

print '\nAfter 100 iterations id est 1 second of imposed free fall, the body is at z =',O.bodies[0].state.pos[2],'versus -5 expected\n'

You should get good results here / get more confident with ForceEngine.