[Question #684746]: DEM-CFD point force coupling vs volume averaged coupling

Hi everyone, I was wondering  what are some typical use cases and considerations for choosing between the two implementations of yade DEM-CFD coupling ? I've only tried the Point Force Coupling (icoFoam) for my problem due to no turbulence.  However, the two papers that I looked at the solve the same problem both used the averaged volume approach. Another question is does the Point Force Couple method consider the gravity of the fluid or particles?

Thank you!